About Jodie Kelley
Jodie L. Kelley is the General Counsel and Senior Vice President of Anti-Piracy at BSA | The Software Alliance. In this role, Kelley leads BSA’s domestic and international anti-piracy programs including its anti-piracy policy work, its efforts against Internet crime, and its educational programs to promote software license compliance and respect for intellectual property. Kelley serves as BSA’s general counsel for all corporate matters and manages BSAs’ anti-piracy programs and counsel in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Americas. Representing the largest copyright-based industry, BSA operates in more than 80 countries worldwide.
Prior to joining BSA, Kelley served for six years as Vice President and Deputy General Counsel of Fannie Mae, a government-sponsored enterprise chartered by Congress to provide liquidity, stability and affordability to the US housing and mortgage markets. There, she was responsible for managing the company’s litigation portfolio and its responses to various governmental inquiries. She also was responsible for advising the company on issues including antitrust and anti-fraud. Previously, she was a partner at Jenner & Block in Washington, where she specialized in civil and regulatory litigation and handled cases before trial and appellate courts and regulatory agencies throughout the country.
Kelley is a native of New Orleans, and a member of the Board of Directors of the DC Central Kitchen. She earned her JD from Harvard Law School and BSS from The Pennsylvania State University.
Posts by Jodie Kelley
- New Economic Research Confirms the Competitive Advantage of Properly Licensed Software, 21 May 2013 in Intellectual Property&Piracy
- Mexico’s Foresight, 30 Nov 2012 in Piracy
- Software Compliance, a Win-Win, 01 Oct 2012 in Piracy
- A Tale of Two Markets, 17 May 2012 in Piracy
- The Real Impact of Bringing Down the Net’s Bad Actors, 30 Jan 2012 in Piracy
- At Last, Industry-Standard SAM for Organizations, 17 Nov 2011 in Industry
- US-China Mutual Interest in IPR, 23 Aug 2011 in Intellectual Property
- Mexico’s Impressive IP Leadership, 08 Aug 2011 in Intellectual Property&Piracy
- Introducing SAM Advantage 2.0, 29 Jun 2011 in Industry
- Internet Piracy Portal Launch, 06 Apr 2011 in Piracy
- SAM Advantage Challenge: The Race Begins…, 16 Mar 2011 in Industry
- China’s Software Audits: Green Eyeshades or Rose-Colored Glasses?, 27 Jan 2011 in Piracy
- Decoding SAM, 21 Sep 2010 in Industry