About Jodie Kelley
Jodie L. Kelley is the General Counsel and Senior Vice President at BSA | The Software Alliance. In this role, Kelley leads BSA’s domestic and international compliance and enforcement programs including its enforcement policy work, its efforts against Internet crime, and its educational programs to promote software license compliance and respect for intellectual property. Kelley serves as BSA’s general counsel for all corporate matters and manages BSAs’ enforcement programs and counsel in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Americas. Representing the largest copyright-based industry, BSA operates in more than 80 countries worldwide.
Prior to joining BSA, Kelley served for six years as Vice President and Deputy General Counsel of Fannie Mae, a government-sponsored enterprise chartered by Congress to provide liquidity, stability and affordability to the US housing and mortgage markets. There, she was responsible for managing the company’s litigation portfolio and its responses to various governmental inquiries. She also was responsible for advising the company on issues including antitrust and anti-fraud. Previously, she was a partner at Jenner & Block in Washington, where she specialized in civil and regulatory litigation and handled cases before trial and appellate courts and regulatory agencies throughout the country.
Kelley is a native of New Orleans, and a member of the Board of Directors of Commonwealth Academy. She earned her JD from Harvard Law School and BSS from The Pennsylvania State University.
Posts by Jodie Kelley
- New BSA Survey: Organizations Can Combat Cyberattacks by Avoiding Unlicensed Software, 25 May 2016 in Compliance and Enforcement&Cybersecurity
- Malware Threats from Unlicensed Software: The Critical First Step for Cyberrisk Management, 23 Apr 2015 in Compliance and Enforcement
- Malware Threats from Unlicensed Software: Real or Imagined?, 18 Feb 2015 in Compliance and Enforcement&Cybersecurity
- BSA Global Survey Reveals Security Concerns With Unlicensed Software — and Points to the Solution, 24 Jun 2014 in Intellectual Property
- Study Shows Impact of Software Infringement for Manufacturers, 12 Feb 2014 in Compliance and Enforcement&Intellectual Property
- Navigating the Cloud: Why Software Asset Management Is More Important Than Ever, 05 Nov 2013 in Cloud Computing&Compliance and Enforcement
- Using Legal Software to Reduce Cyber Vulnerabilities, 26 Jun 2013 in Compliance and Enforcement&Cybersecurity
- New Economic Research Confirms the Competitive Advantage of Properly Licensed Software, 21 May 2013 in Compliance and Enforcement&Intellectual Property
- Mexico’s Foresight, 30 Nov 2012 in Compliance and Enforcement
- Software Compliance, a Win-Win, 01 Oct 2012 in Compliance and Enforcement