About Thomas Boué
Thomas Boué oversees BSA | The Software Alliance’s public policy activities in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region. He advises BSA members on public policy and legal developments and advocates the views of the ICT sector with both European and national policy makers. He leads on security and privacy issues as well as broader efforts to improve levels of intellectual property protection and to promote open markets, fair competition, and technology innovation in new areas such as cloud computing.
Prior to joining BSA, Boué served as a consultant in Weber Shandwick where he advised clients on a wide range of technology and ICT-related policy issues and represented them before the EU institutions and industry coalitions. In this role, he also served as policy and regulatory adviser for both EU and US telecom operators. Prior to that Boué worked for the EU office of the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry where he was responsible for the lobbying activities towards the EU Institutions in the areas of trade, education, and labor, as well as for the organization and running of seminars on EU affairs for SMEs and business professionals.
Boué holds a Masters of Business Administration from the Europa-Insitut (Saarbrücken, Germany), a Certificate of Integrated Legal Studies (trilateral and trilingual Master’s degree in French, English, German and European Law, from the Universities of Warwick (UK), Saarland (Germany) and Lille II (France) as well as a Bachelor of Arts in Law from the University of Lille II, France. He is based in BSA’s Brussels office.
Posts by Thomas Boué
- Building on Today’s Achievements, the EU Can Harness Software’s Full Potential, 22 Nov 2016 in Industry
- Closing the Gaps in EU Cybersecurity: Let’s Get It Right, 05 Mar 2015 in Cybersecurity
- Pick up the pace on a Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, 05 Feb 2015 in Global Markets
- Positive Shift in Europe’s Approach to Cloud Policy, 02 May 2014 in Cloud Computing
- EU-US Summit Is an Opportunity to Re-Establish Trust in the Transatlantic Relationship, 26 Mar 2014 in Global Markets
- Transatlantic Data Flows: Shift the Focus to How—Not If, 26 Sep 2013 in Cloud Computing&Data&Global Markets
- Competing Visions for Europe’s Cloud, 30 Jul 2013 in Cloud Computing&Data
- The Business Case for Balanced Data Privacy Regulation, 28 Jan 2013 in Data
- Thoughtful Solutions to Modernize the EU Privacy Framework in the Cloud Era, 17 Dec 2012 in Cloud Computing&Data
- Principles to Guide Modernization of Europe’s Privacy Rules: Trust, Flexibility, and Shared Responsibility, 09 Oct 2012 in Data